|David Jones and The Voice of Reason at The Victoria in Victoria. (Not the best photo of me though!) THE VOICE OF REASON supports David Jones, Prospective Borough Councillor for Todmorden|
ELECTION ODDS SUDDENLY SHIFT IN THE BPP'S FAVOUR IN THE PENNINES:
As I type this the last signatures for nomination are due to be verified and handed in (Wednesday Noon), I put my ten signatures in on Monday. Several things are fundamentally different this year...
1) I came behind the Green Party, I will not do so this year as there will be no Green Party candidate; This will lead to hardcore Greens staying at home, though some may switch their vote to the Labour Party.
2) Ian Cooper, the incumbent Conservative will be running a low profile, not spreading his face about due to his 'suspect' ill health. This will result in a drop in his vote and a higher likelihood of him losing votes to my own right-wing message. The ejection of Ian Cooper is the BPP's #1 Priority this election.
3) The Labour Party and rising and their new "rising star" Candidate, newly elected Town Councillor John Lockhart has pulled out at the last moment, and a Hebden Bridge Town Councillor candidate by the name of Sweeney is standing in for him. Now the Labour Party will find it much harder to take traditional working-class white votes with a representative of the decadent bohemian village Hebden Bridge as their candidate.
4) The Liberal Democrats were suffered a heavy defeat in Bradford last Month and lost their deposit and lost half their Councillors on our local Town Council last year. Their candidate is the same Councillor who was ejected and came third last year. She is considered a lame duck by many and most Liberal Democrats will not support her.
5) The popular Town Council "Independent", and , former Todmorden Mayor (the most popular we ever had), right-leaning, libertarian ex-Liberal Democrat David O'Neill who scored a high vote last year will not be standing this year. The BPP is aiming primarily for Independent votes this year anyway so this will bode will for the BPP Candidacy.
6) There are no other Nationalist candidates, despite recent irreconcilable tensions between myself and one other local nationalist, that other local nationalist will likely fight another ward and is not understood to be standing here. No split right-wing vote here.
We look forward to fighting an effective campaign and its a straight fight between myself as the Nationalist and Lib-Lab-Con and of course we must await the nomination forms to be published on Calderdale Council website but in the words of Micheal Buffer - "Lets get ready to rumble". We have the best shot yet, the stars have lined up in our favour.
David Jones, Candidate,
BPP - Putting Britons First, Todmorden Ward (Calderdale Council),
Todmorden, East Lancashire, England.