Sunday, 1 April 2012
Helpful Electioneering Tips for Nationalists by David Jones of Todmorden
FIVE VOTE WINNING TACTICS FOR NATIONALIST ELECTION CANDIDATES:
1) LOCAL GUY: If you live in a town that has been absorbed by another borough under the 1974 Local Government Act, you must state that your policy is autonomy for that town, it worked in Morley and Darwen.
2) SMALL-BUSINESSMAN'S FRIEND: You must always oppose red-tape, bylaws and pointless legislation that local shopkeepers hate. As well as arguing for lower taxes.
3) WORKINGMAN'S FRIEND: Working people are your bread and butter, you must always remain interested in jobs and trade, sell your workingman credentials.
4) ANTI-CORRUPTION CHAMPION: Most people know that some councillors are "on the take", they haven't time to find out who and neither have you. Take advantage of general public distrust of politicians and expose their legal but immoral-vote buying tactics through the corrupt grants system, expose the general pattern of chums of councillors getting grants each chance you get.
5) CAPABLE OF DOING THE JOB: Sit in on some of your local Council meetings, read its website and familiarise yourself with the names of top executives, councillors and committees. Let people know that you know what you're talking about and don't get caught off guard by a voter more knowledgeable than you when it comes to the local authority. There's more of them than you think, let people hear what you know, not reveal what you don't know.