|I was banned from their Facebook group after suggesting that they re-name their Free Speech Pineapple "Slut Single Mum"|
Rabbi Zvi Solomons who is my Facebook friend added me to this Free Speech group at
It could be over a number of things I said, I suppose, but I was never told the reason.
I suggested a number of things to these atheist free-speaking students:
- Call their Free Speech Pineapple "Hitler".
- When they expressed reluctance to do so, I suggested to them that they were happier to mock Muslims than they are to mock Jews.
- They could get their Art Department to create a Reading University Free Speech Pineapple.
- They could name their Free Speech Pineapple an offensive name every week and invite people to explain why they were offended, and mock them some more.
- I also suggested that they call their Free Speech Pineapple "Slut Single Mum" and posted https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stigmatise-SSMs-Slut-Single-Mothers/220271251432495 to explain further what I meant by SSMs.
I was then accused of "spamming" the group by one of the admins, Tim Rouse. I pointed out that "too many comments" for him does not mean I was spamming the group. Spam is defined as undifferentiated messages promoting things you are not interested in such as Viagra and penis extensions, none of which I was offering.
I was then banned from the group. Ironic, eh? Even people who claim vociferously to promote free speech just don't get it. I would be quite happy to go over to Reading to explain things to them though if they pay my fare and buy me a nice dinner.
What on earth is the world coming to, when people who claim to be promoting free speech have no idea of the PRINCIPLE of free speech?