- No fault divorce would be abolished.
- Blame starts at 50/50. At the very least both parties married the wrong person.
- A couple shall be required to agree a marriage contract before being allowed to marry. The purpose of this is to make fault easier to apportion in the event of a divorce.
- Only people of legal capacity can make contracts and be held to them. This means you cannot marry till you are 18.
- Matrimonial Disputes Tribunals could be set up in every community to deal with the stage when the husband is so angry and dissatisfied with his recalcitrant wife that he wants to strike her, as prescribed in the wife-beating verse 4:34. http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/004-qmt.php The point is that this beating can never be done in private, but in public before the Tribunal as a formal and physical sign of rebuke. It need not amount to anything more than a slap on the wrist. Before being allowed to do so, the Tribunal would ask that he declare that he has formally admonished her and slept separately from her.
- If the recalcitrant wife does not improve after this formally and publicly administered "beating", he can proceed to divorce. http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/065-qmt.php
If you are the wife and want a divorce, all you have to do is prove that he breached the terms of the marriage contract and proceed straight to divorce. There is no need to hit him either in private or public, so it is actually easier for the wives.