THE VOICE OF REASON
Solon, (born c. 630 BCE—died c. 560 BCE), Athenian statesman, known as one of the Seven Wise Men of Greece (the others were Chilon of Sparta, Thales of Miletus, Bias of Priene, Cleobulus of Lindos, Pittacus of Mytilene, and Periander of Corinth). Solon ended exclusive aristocratic control of the government, substituted a system of control by the wealthy, and introduced a new and more humane law code. He was also a noted poet.
Friday, 31 January 2020
Philosopher Laureate
I aspire to be a Philosopher Laureate. This is a title I have created just for myself. If Britain has a Poet Laureate, why not a Philosopher Laureate? After I am dead and gone, I am sure others will be pleased to inherit it from me.
Lol! Are you going to crown yourself Queen of the May and Tsarina of all the Russias too?
ReplyDeleteNo, thank you, Dame Claire Khaw, Philosopher Laureate will do nicely. But if they are going to make me a Baroness, I won't say no.
ReplyDelete