http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/08/mandelson-china-eu-arms-embargo
If only I could be his consort. I am starting my Mandarin classes anyway, so that I will be in a better position to assist him should that duty be required of me.
Thinking of the scrumptious delicacies he must be feasting on while in China, I picture how, delicately and solicitously, I would place the best titbits I can pick up with my chopsticks upon his plate and urge him not to worry about his figure, because I like a bit of meat on my man ....
He need only snap his fingers and I would be there at his side, smilingly prettily up at him and hanging on his arm ....
Peter faltered a little in the clip on the Guardian link, I noticed, because that was a very good question by a Communist Party Official which took him aback a bit. They aren't dullards, those Party Officials, unlike some British MPs I could mention.
Like just every other Western politician, he found himself lecturing the Chinese on their human rights.
I like to imagine the Communist Party Officials collectively rolling their eyes and miming the string section of an orchestra ...
THE VOICE OF REASON Solon, (born c. 630 BCE—died c. 560 BCE), Athenian statesman, known as one of the Seven Wise Men of Greece (the others were Chilon of Sparta, Thales of Miletus, Bias of Priene, Cleobulus of Lindos, Pittacus of Mytilene, and Periander of Corinth). Solon ended exclusive aristocratic control of the government, substituted a system of control by the wealthy, and introduced a new and more humane law code. He was also a noted poet.
Translate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God behaving badly
1:03:00 CLAIRE KHAW joins to say God in the Koran is more reasonable than God in the Old Testament, but there is only one Abrahamic God. ...
-
Key: CK = Claire Khaw CD = Claudia Dalgleish EB = Eddy Butler MC = Mark Collet TC = Tess Culnane CD on Facebook This past month...
-
Beta males will never get female attention if it is OK for women to have premarital sex. If you want beta males to have a reasonable ...
-
I think having your child diagnosed as having Asperger's is a kind of insurance against people saying you are a bad parent or that your...
No comments:
Post a Comment