Translate

Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Shirley Brown, Kid Creole and the Coconuts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/10440371.stm

I would equate "coconut" with being black and aspirational.  It is a backhanded compliment really.  If I were black, I would like those whom I have  left behind in the ghetto, in Labour and the LibDems to call me coconut, if they are disposed to be envious and insulting.  

I do hope however that Shirley Brown will appeal against being found guilty of "racially aggravated harassment", which is ridiculous. One single offensive comment cannot constitute harassment. 

I have a nasty feeling that whoever in the CPS who approved this prosecution must have been a woman, though I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.  As we all know, women are more censorious and irrational than men as well as having a poorer grasp of such principles as free speech.  They also find it harder to forgive, being the weaker sex.  

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7859260/Coconut-insult-councillor-guilty-of-racial-harassment.html

No comments: