Translate

Sunday 17 June 2018

Claire Khaw interviews Luke Ford, Richard Edmonds explains what's wrong with the government, Secular Koranism attacked and defended



From 3:30:

CK:

Have you ever seriously considered Islam and if so, why did you reject it?

LF:

I have never seriously considered Islam because it has never produced anything admirable. There is no Islamic country that I would like to live in. It is overwhelmingly a low IQ religion. The intellectual achievements of Islam are pitiful, the state of the Islamic world is so pathetic, there's just absolutely nothing at all that I find attractive about Islam.  

CK:

Do you think it could be anything to do with Western imperialism and the Sykes-Picot Agreement?

LF:

Not substantially. It is like saying that the struggles of blacks is the fault of non-blacks, the struggles of Jews are primarily the fault of non-Jews or the struggles of any people are the fault of outsiders. Muslims are responsible for their own destiny, their own countries, their own culture, their own religion, for everything they have failed to achieve. That's on them. If they were dominated by outsiders, it just shows that they were weak, and I don't see anything impressive or admirable in Islam. Where in the world today is there an Islamic society that I would want to emulate? I just don't see what Muslim immigrants contribute to Western civilisation. I am open to it, if people can tell me concrete empirical reasons for why the West has benefited from Muslim immigration, I am very much open to it, if people can point to me why Islam has led to thriving civilisations somewhere that I might have missed. I am open to it if someone can show me scientific, medical, economic, social events that should be the envy of the West, then I am open to it, I just don't see anything. I only see squalor and wretchedness and primitiveness and backwardness and ignorance and typical dysfunciton of low IQ societies. 

CK:

Have you ever visited a Muslim country?

LF:

No, I haven't, I can't even think of one that really excites me to go and visit. In my childhood aged 6 or 7 we went through a lot of countries, but name me a Muslim country that you think is worthy of admiration and has something to teach us in the First World. 

CK mentions Turkey and the Ottoman Empire.  

LF concedes that it has done reasonably well. It has a per capita GDP of US28,000 a year, a total GDP of over two trillion so it's a very powerful government in that part of the world and asks what the Turkey would have that the West might want to emulate.  

CK mentions Erdogan and suggests there could be something to be said alpha male leaders or even dictators who are properly in charge compared to childless clueless here today gone tomorrow weak leaders who have no long term plan and are not in charge. 

LF says he hadn't thought of it like that and conceded that dictatorship has many advantages over democracies. He is not a fan of democracy and Turkey has great apricots. 

CK asks if he might like to visit one day for a holiday?

LF says he does not have a strong inclination. He assumes there is "savagery, barbarity and danger and who would want to get stuck in some Turkish justice system".

CK notes that he is thinking of himself as a drug smuggling European in Midnight Express.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Express_(film)

LF does not deny this and admits he would rather visit a Western First World country. Although Turkey is quite cheap, there is much less likelihood of an outbreak of extreme Muslim violence in a country that is not Muslim. 

CK asks if he has never wanted to see the pyramids in Giza, Egypt. 

LF admitted to having had a "mild desire" to visit Egypt when he was in Israel. 

No comments:

Vincent Bruno is dismayed to be told that theocracy is necessary to make white people marry again

https://t.co/k5DOSS5dv4 — Real Vincent Bruno (@RealVinBruno) March 27, 2024 10:00  Gender relations 12:00  Anthony Trollope 14:00  Being bot...