Abdul Wahid went to Merchant Taylors - the same school as Clive of India, who was expelled from Market Drayton Grammar School after the shopkeepers of Market Drayton complained to his school that he was running a protection racket. https://t.co/ltr1lhS48u— Claire Khaw (@MinimumSt8) March 8, 2018
For the avoidance of doubt, let me say it was Clive of India who ran a protection racket in Market Drayton, not Dr Abdul Wahid, who is a lovely man, though he assumes - incorrectly in my view - that nationalism is synonymous with evil and confuses it with Western imperialism. https://t.co/R13GjXn4ID— Claire Khaw (@MinimumSt8) March 8, 2018
It is interesting, is it not, that Clive of India began as a juvenile delinquent and a youth offender, who subsequently became a hero of the British empire? Nations do behave like gangsters, do they not? What makes them respectable later is the success of their empire, I suppose. https://t.co/R13GjX5tR5— Claire Khaw (@MinimumSt8) March 8, 2018
Are we therefore to think that all empires are evil? While I readily concede that all empires have as tendency to become evil, empire itself is an objective measure of human achievement. Even the invaded eventually acquire the benefits of a higher civilisation and gain knowledge. https://t.co/KPHUYHSlsC— Claire Khaw (@MinimumSt8) March 8, 2018
If empire is an objective measure of human achievement, and empire is inevitably fuelled by war and conquest, the best we can do is to agree and stick to humane rules of warfare. The best source of humane rules of warfare is the Koran. https://t.co/pBGMvczSxX— Claire Khaw (@MinimumSt8) March 8, 2018
https://t.co/1lqbqTOwD8 is authority for the proposition that Koranic rules of warfare are rather more humane than in the Old Testament as you can see at https://t.co/h0UjC6yXwT https://t.co/FDZnW3GFLD— Claire Khaw (@MinimumSt8) March 8, 2018
I think I should be congratulated for working out from reason alone as an agnostic - and without ever relying on the actual existence of God - that Islam must necessarily and logically be the way forward for all of humanity. A Nobel Peace Prize is all I ask. https://t.co/VepGJXsi2y— Claire Khaw (@MinimumSt8) March 8, 2018
I wonder if it is at all possible for my genius to be acknowledged within my own lifetime or even better, within the lifetime of my own dear honourable parents. I know poor old Confucius was a failure in his own lifetime. https://t.co/1o3Z1xuPtU— Claire Khaw (@MinimumSt8) March 8, 2018
Modesty forbids me from claiming more than to have merely arranged the great ideas of civilisation in a rational, moral and practical way to indicate the way forward in the faltering twilight that is our uncertain future. If I my warnings are heeded, the chaos will be briefer. https://t.co/F25VNZ1yTh— Claire Khaw (@MinimumSt8) March 8, 2018
I would say empire is an objective measure of human achievement and it is a game of do it to them before they do it to us and may the best man win. If nothing else, it keeps people on their toes. I am proud to consider myself a product of the British empire. https://t.co/CTJKNFZtYt— Claire Khaw (@MinimumSt8) March 8, 2018
After viewing the HT video on the Caliphate, I have the following questions for them. I do hope they will not be deliberately ignoring me because I am neither male nor Muslim. If so, that does not bode well because it smacks of male and Muslim chauvinism. Neither would it be consistent with their policy of dawah. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawah
1. Does Hizb ut Tahrir believe it can just abolish the nation state and live in a global Muslim village without engaging in debate with non-Muslims?
2. Is HT confusing nationalism with Western imperialism?
3. Is it impossible in your minds to separate nationalism from Western imperialism?
4. First, tribes must be able to form a city-state before it can form a nation. Do you disagree?
5. Secondly, a city-state must control its surrounding territory before it can become a nation. Do you disagree?
6. Thirdly, a nation must be able to successfully conquer territories outside its own borders to become an empire. Do you disagree?
7. Jews were a tribe of wandering former slaves who through following Judaism conquered enough territory to become a kingdom. Do you disagree?
8. Islam was what first united the Arab tribes which then enabled Islamic imperialism. Do you disagree?
9. Ummah also means nation in Arabic. Would you agree? http://www1.cbn.com/onlinediscipleship/what-is-the-muslim-understanding-of-%22ummah%22%3F
10. Nationhood is a natural aspiration for all those who live in a defined piece of territory. Would you agree?
11. Apparently, HT are Muslims who want to abolish nation states and borders who cannot understand that uncontrolled immigration upsets the locals. Such denial and naivete is not a secure basis upon which to embark on a global Caliphate. Would you agree?
12. HT seem to think nationalism is some wicked modern Western imperialist invention, apparently ignorant of the fact that the Jewish revolts against the Romans of the second century was also a form of nationalism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationalism#History Would you confirm that this is indeed the position of HT on nationalism?
13. We all have to start somewhere. Individuals exist in bodies, and countries as nation states. To call nationalism evil is to call the nation state evil, which makes about as much sense as denouncing individuals for necessarily existing as a physical being inhabiting a human body. Would you agree? https://www.facebook.com/claire.khaw.92/posts/1845229085551716?comment_id=1846060515468573&reply_comment_id=1846861275388497¬if_id=1520365865757713¬if_t=feed_comment&ref=notif
14. The Ottoman Empire ended because it could not reform itself before it was dominated then divided by the European powers. Was this because the Gate of Interpretation was closed? https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3114/muslims-ijtihad
15. God if He exists is a nationalist. http://Quran.com/3/104 is conclusive evidence that God approves of nations who promote their national interest by following His laws. Would you agree?
16. It is surely possible to defend the national interest without descending to xenophobia. Why do Muslims, like liberals and the left, assume nationalism is synonymous with evil? We all live in nation states, so why should we as loyal citizens not defend the national interest or expect our political leaders to do so?
17. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectification_of_names is a philosophy of calling things by their proper names or things will go awry. If you mean the policies of divide and rule used by Western imperialism, call it that and don't confuse it with nationalism. Is this a subject you are prepared to discuss?
19. Do you really think a transnational Caliphate can spontaneously come into being without first establishing an imperialistic Islamic State? If so, please explain your reasoning.
20. Have you considered putting it to nationalists and imperialists that running their governments under a one party theocracy would be in the national interest as well as good for Western imperialism and world peace?