http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_salute
"We daren’t even be caught on camera waving to someone in case it provides ammunition to people like you," complained a BNP member to a vociferous critic of his party.
I wonder if the BNP can make the Roman salute fashionable again.
Then British people of all races and religions can join in.
In fact, I would like it to be the new form of social greeting.
I prefer it to handshaking anyway with all the germs you get.
Muslims would like it too because men and women who are not intimates are not supposed to have unnecessary contact.
Instead of "Heil" we could all say "Salaam" to each other.
Yes, I think that would be the perfect compromise.
THE VOICE OF REASON Solon, (born c. 630 BCE—died c. 560 BCE), Athenian statesman, known as one of the Seven Wise Men of Greece (the others were Chilon of Sparta, Thales of Miletus, Bias of Priene, Cleobulus of Lindos, Pittacus of Mytilene, and Periander of Corinth). Solon ended exclusive aristocratic control of the government, substituted a system of control by the wealthy, and introduced a new and more humane law code. He was also a noted poet.
Translate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God behaving badly
1:03:00 CLAIRE KHAW joins to say God in the Koran is more reasonable than God in the Old Testament, but there is only one Abrahamic God. ...
-
Key: CK = Claire Khaw CD = Claudia Dalgleish EB = Eddy Butler MC = Mark Collet TC = Tess Culnane CD on Facebook This past month...
-
Beta males will never get female attention if it is OK for women to have premarital sex. If you want beta males to have a reasonable ...
-
I think having your child diagnosed as having Asperger's is a kind of insurance against people saying you are a bad parent or that your...
No comments:
Post a Comment