THE VOICE OF REASON
Solon, (born c. 630 BCE—died c. 560 BCE), Athenian statesman, known as one of the Seven Wise Men of Greece (the others were Chilon of Sparta, Thales of Miletus, Bias of Priene, Cleobulus of Lindos, Pittacus of Mytilene, and Periander of Corinth). Solon ended exclusive aristocratic control of the government, substituted a system of control by the wealthy, and introduced a new and more humane law code. He was also a noted poet.
Translate
Monday, 21 September 2026
The Three Christian Divisions of Cultural Christian, Believing Christian and Christian Nationalist
12:01 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
Even if Mark Parker were Pope or Archbishop of Canterbury or even King Charles, he would not be able to do what he hopes to achieve ie Christian Fellowship.
12:03 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
Westerners don't seem to understand that it is the liberal order that regulates how Westerners regard Christianity and other religions. They sense that Christians get less respect than liberals.
12:05 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
@βρεττς I agree and base my latest Substack on the Evangelical Christian and the Catholic. Paul Alan used to be Evangelical.
12:05 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
I heard of Benjamin Boyce through the Dissident Right years ago.
12:06 PM
@βρεττς
That conversation was going great until Paul Alan got in it in my opinion
12:06 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
Social media influencers are the unofficial mouthpieces of the matriarchy.
12:08 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
Paul Alan always beats about the bush and never gets to the point. I used to take that personally then realised he does that to everyone. The Evangelical Christian is clearly an experienced speaker.
12:09 PM
@βρεττς
#3
I agree, Claire. He was very honest. I wish I could speak that good to Mark
12:09 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
If Christianity means anything, it means defending the Trinity, as Brett rightly says. Take the Trinity out of Christianity and make it more muscular and you basically have Islam.
12:10 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
I wish people would understand that without convictions, you won't act on your moral principles even if you had any.
12:11 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
Way back in Ancient China, Confucius was complaining that people seem to know what the right thing to do was, BUT THEY DON'T DO IT.
12:12 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#3
We act on our beliefs, Chris!
12:14 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
People wish to identify as Christian. To identify as a Trinitarian Christian, you would have to affirm the Trinity.
12:15 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
We can't even decide who is Christian! Is Sam Tideman still Christian? Was Thomas Jefferson?? These issues must be resolved.
12:16 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
The Trinity is totemic of Christianity.
12:16 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
But the Trinity is not something that exercises Mark Parker.
12:17 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
So you can't accuse me of inciting Mark Parker of making trouble. Mark and I come at Christianity from two different perspectives.
12:18 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
If you care about Christianity, you would have to care about the Trinity.
12:18 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
I am aghast that I actually care more about Christian doctrine than Christians themselves.
12:19 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
Discrimination used to be considered a Good Thing.
12:19 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
Tom Holland has merged Christianity with Liberalism. PVK accepts this narrative and this drives me crazy too.
12:21 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
Terms need to be defined!
12:28 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
I watched it all.
12:30 PM
@OfficialSecularKoranism
#2
Mark's problem is the "Why can't we all get along as Christians" problem. PVK tries to address Christian schism with his Estuary Meetings but the pot is still boiling over even with the lid off!
32:00 Insanity claim in Lindsay Clancy case
37:00 My comments on Mark Parker's Christianity stream
40:00 Sigh! What is wrong with a wife saying to a husband "If you loved me, you wouldn't beat me every day"? or "If you say you trust me, why do you lock up lock up all your valuable objects when you invite me to your home?"
41:00 What is the false premise that Tunji seems to be saying I am guilty of? Aren't Trinitarian Christians supposed to believe in the Trinity?
42:00 I am aware that people don't take idolatry seriously. When I say it is a mortal sin, they shrug indifferently. When I as if they believe in the afterlife, they shrug again and say "Who knows?"
This means they are functionally atheist.
What is the problem with this?
It means that you have no moral convictions that you would make you act on principle.
If you only do the right thing if you are rewarded, you are basically asking to be bribed.
If you fear to do the right thing because you are threatened, this means you do not care to defend your principles.
People only act on their beliefs. If they do not believe that good will be rewarded and evil punished in this life or the next, they are not going to risk or sacrifice anything to do the right thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment