Translate

Sunday 12 April 2009

Find me a Fatwa!

Those of you who know me will know that I have a bee in my bonnet about Direct Democracy.

I am now Jury Team MEP candidate at

http://www.juryteam.org/candidate-profile.php?id=10109

and receiving, I regret to report, not much support at all.

Perhaps I should take myself off to the nearest Easter Fair and sell kisses, or something, in exchange for a vote, costing no more than 25p and standard network charges for an SMS from your phone.

I then wondered whether Islamic scholars have a view on direct democracy and found this Find Me A Fatwa site at http://fatwaislam.com/

It calls itself "The Most Comprehensive Online Islamic Fatwa Guide" yet had nothing whatsoever on direct democracy.

I would like a fatwa from the Islamic scholar Tim Winter AKA Abdal Hakim Murad and wonder where I can go to order one.

Can one ask for one directly, or must one have an intermediary, analogous to going to a solicitor, who will in turn obtain Counsel's Opinion?

Does one have to be a Muslim to order one and will a fatwa fee be payable?

It appears not and is free, from

http://www.askimam.org/index.php

It is truly an excellent idea. Instead of agony aunts, the Muslims have agony uncles who are learned in the Koran. I have asked my question and can't wait to receive my answer, which should arrive in 3 days' time!

There is even a Fatwa Line at

0845 108 7799

which dispenses fatwas on Mondays to Thursdays between 12-1pm.

2 comments:

Imran Zain said...

Did you check out Islamic Sharia Council? If you can't find anything online then you can call them to give you a Fatwa.

Claire Khaw said...

Thanks, Imran. I did have a look, but as it is Bank Holiday I didn't bother.

I had a look at their website but it doesn't look like they would, you know.

I will call them tomorrow.

I have even asked Anjem Choudary and Tim Winter to do me a fatwa, but they are ignoring me so far, thinking I am some sort of crank or something.

My view, is that the death penalty is definitely Islamic and all anti-discrimination legislation is in fact contrary to Koranic principles, since there should be no compulsion in belief.

This is what I put to Anjem Choudary who is also legally trained, but I have heard nothing.

The crystalisation of opinion into policy, after due exercise of reason in accordance with Koranic principles, is an excellent political device to get laws passed or repealed.

It is certainly of persuasive value, don't you think?

Mujahid answers some of my 23 questions for Muslims

https://t.co/il73UjGO1X — Koranic Secularism (@Book_of_Rules)  April 25, 2024 2:00   Feminism is the corruption of the morals of women bribi...