Translate

Monday 22 April 2019

Doooovid and Church of Entropy talk about me amongst other things



One of the kindest thing said about Jen and me!

Persian Drum:

Most Excellent Claire, I suspect you and Jen don't quite grasp just how more-ish your conversations have been to me and your loyal listeners.  While having little in common with your respective world-views and opinions, the manner in which you and Jen have been engaging with each other lately is really endearing.  You ladies continue to be at loggerheads and yet it is never an unpleasant experience listening to this ongoing discussion.  I continue to find your discourse incredibly interesting and even edifying, and (I know neither of you will like this) helpful to me in understanding the bible better.

You make a great team.  On the one hand:  I find that I am more sympathetic with Jen's assured, uncompromising take on God (even though I understand God to be entirely different from the Periodic Table of which she speaks).  Her take on God's sovereignty, and her unwavering loyalty to God's way -- against the tide of religious fads and so-called consensus -- is actually more in keeping with my understanding of the living God. Also, Jen's unexpected jabs at you (e.g "that's because you're an idiot, dummy") are truly  a riot, and shocking.

On the other hand: you are able to take these jabs in good humour, and carry on regardless.  In this respect you are a very accommodating  host and -- as I've stated many times -- a good sport.  Your legalistic and utilitarian approach to religion and law is at odds with my understanding of Truth (which is why Jen's take hits a chord with me), but your eagerness to 'understand Jen' is endearing, and your compassion for her is evident in your persistence and willingness to engage with her.  You also have an infectious laugh and a a very pleasing voice.  You solicit from Jen many interesting observations.

I hope you two continue these conversations.  I listen to them as I walk through the English countryside, and they bring me much pleasure, as well as providing a different angle on things that I had never before entertained. 

And if I might add (no offence intended to either you and Jen), listening to two gals battling it out for the position of Cosmic Dictator is a welcome diversion from the drudgery of this messed-up world, as well as being a refreshing change from the usual meta-political dialogue.  Blessings to you both!

No comments: